Version 23 tickety boo

First clear night in ages, and the first time to use version 23. Everything went smoothly, including start-up of PHD2 and also tried out the end of sequence slave park function which went fine. I used the automatic disconnect at the end of sequence for the first time which worked very well, turning the camera off after it had warmed up.

Camera was QSI and warmup and cool down were fine in allotted time.
Nice one.

Adding “tickety boo” to my vocabulary.

Yes everything hunky dory so far :slight_smile:

Harry

@buzz…just a quick question. Did you mean disconnecting the camera rather than turning it off?

Kinch - in the sequence option there is a disconnect feature. At the end of sequence, I had SGP park the mount, close the roof and then disconnect all the gear. In the case of the camera, it disconnected after the camera had warmed up to ambient in 4 minutes. The power is still applied - but there is nothing stopping me running a script to drive some ASCOM relays to physically remove power as well.

@buzz Thanks for that. Yes, I was aware of (and use) the ‘disconnect at the end of a sequence’…it was when you mentioned ‘turning off’ the camera I thought I was missing something.

Actually - that prompts a question about end of sequence scripts:
@Ken - I have never used it, but does the end of sequence script run after the equipment has disconnected, or immediately after the last exposure? (I’m thinking of disconnecting and then powering down the system in an orderly manner).

While I can see a script on both sides of disconnect as useful, it seems as though a script that can actually operate on ger prior to disconnect was more immediately valuable. Meaning, disconnect is the absolute last thing that runs… end of sequence script runs just before this. That said, you could choose to start some type of timer script that removed power after some safe time had elapsed.

Thanks Ken - in which case I’ll put a timed event into my observatory application then - as it will be more easily customizable .