Version 3.0 - Disabling Automatic Check for Updates

Hello,

Since I have reported this annoying bug twice already and nobody seems to react to it, has anyone here figured out how to tell SGP not to check for updates? The program does it even when there is no internet and then it complains that it is not able to check for update, and then it just hangs there until you find a way to kill the dialog. I don’t really want to update when I am in the field. This is becoming like Windows 10.

So - anyone? Any tricks? Should I downgrade to version 2?

Farzad

No tricks unfortunately. We have a fix for this and it will be coming back soon. In the mean time the SGP3 license also works for SGP2 if you would prefer to revert.

Thanks,
Jared

So that was almost 4 months ago. Is is that hard to comment out the line that says check for updates? Is it your experience that your users/subscribers really want to update so badly that they might want to update it in the middle of an imaging event?

As I have said before the bug is easy to see on some machines and on other machines it just hides behind the splash screen and is impossible to get to so it can be properly handled.

Did you try the latest version of SGP it had some fixes for the check for updates?

You would think the copy on my machine is the latest for as many times that I use it at home when I have internet and for how aggressively it checks for updates - it has not informed me that there is an update. What is the latest version?

Are you one of the developers? If so, don’t you think it would be more beneficial for paying customers to have an option of when they want to check for updates? Or, don’t you think that SGP should be able to sense if Internet is not present and therefore stop checking for update? This is something that many other software programs are able to do.

I’m not sure what version you have but the latest is : v3.0.2.91

Not a developer.

I will check and update if the installed version is outdated. Thanks.

I just checked and my version needed updating. I guess I should not have trusted the automatic update checking even when connected to the internet - the whole thing was broken. Thanks for the headsup.

Farzad

Yes, sadly automatic updates were badly broken up until 3.0.2.82. They should work great moving forward though.

Thanks,
Jared

Yes, I realize now that I should not have trusted the auto update. All is good now. Thanks.