Won't load previous sequence

Perhaps someone can explain and shed some light on what’s happening here. I’ve opened SGP and tried to open my sequence that I was using last night. I get an error message saying ‘End of stream encountered before parsing is complete’

I’ve tried to restart SGP and also restarted the PC, but I still get the same error message.

Screengrab : Dropbox - File Deleted
SGP logfile: Dropbox - File Deleted
Sequence file: Dropbox - File Deleted

I have restarted my PC to no avail. I am using the latest beta .

Added to this - My complete profile has disappeared from the ‘Load profile menu’ yet it’s showing as a shortcut on my PC.SO as it stands at the moment I have no profile for my equipment that I can use and no sequence. The lack of profile is the most worrying :frowning:

This typically means that your sequence has been corrupted. That said, the sequence you provided for download opens in SGPro 2.6.0.21 with no issue.

I am not sure what the second part of this means. SGPro does not expose equipment profiles such that they can be presented as a Windows shortcut.

Thanks Ken… So it all works fine with you? … Great :frowning:

My SGP profiles are all on my desktop and I click on which ever one I want to use to open SGP.

Yes, the sequence opens with no issues. Is your D drive on a network?

Do you mean sequences (sgf files)? Possibly sequences that you are using as a profile?

Yes my D drive is on a network and I do mean the sgf files.

It’s been a real pain losing the ability to open that … I’m now finding that the profile is continually dropping out too.

Understood. This is not likely a thing SGPro can influence though.

So the fact that regularly the profile is unassigned to a sequence, even after opening up with one, is not an SGP thing?

Maybe I’m not understanding you. When we each say the word “profile” I think we mean different things. I think you are referring to a sequence (sgf file) that you are forcing to be a template / profile of sorts. When I say it, I am referring to a formal profile found in the profile manager. Because of this, I am not sure what you mean by “opening up with one”. The only profile SGPro can open up with is the one you mark as default in the profile manager. This, however, does not seem to be what you are referring to.

If, by chance, you are referring to opening a saved sequence that once had a profile attached to it and, specifically, you are noticing that the title bar sometimes says “No profile” when it should say the name of the previously applied profile, then, yes, this is an SGPro issue, but it has not been prioritized because it seems to be only visual in nature (meaning the profile is actually still applied, just the title bar is in error).

OK Ken, thanks for that info… if you already know about it but its not a priority then I’ll let it continue! As it stands I keep assigning a profile to the sequence…If there’s no need then I won’t bother :slight_smile: