Wrong framing picture associated to sequence

How do I modify a framing picture associated to a sequence?

I have 2 pictures associated to a sequence.

In the past I have had wrong and/or multiple pictures associated to a sequence. I think from now on, I will shut down SGP between creating sequences. Shouldn’t have to.

This association seem a bit random. It’s not clear what image it’s associating to what sequence. Close and open different sequences and it just keeps all pictures displayed. There should be 1 picture and 1 sequence at a time.

Pictures are associated with a TARGET and a SEQUNCE can have multiple targets. Not sure exactly what you are seeing but understanding this relationship may resolve the issue or at least help you to describe it better.

I have had exactly the same problem, and come to the same conclusion, i.e. closing SGP between creating each sequence was the only way I could find to avoid it.

This is how I would encounter the issue: I would open SGP, immediately go to Framing and Mosaic window, select and target, create a new sequence with it, save the sequence, close the sequence. Now if I go back into the Mosaic window and create another target and sequence, then save that new sequence, when I open the that sequence it has both target images associated with it. And if I keep doing this then I may have say 10 images associated. I tried deleting the unwanted images and resaving the sequence. But then when reopening the sequence, the associated image seemed to be a random selection from one of the previous ones.

This led to lots of deleting of sequences, starting again from scratch and closing SGP between target/sequence creations. That seemed to work fine.

By the way, the reason I am doing this is that I want to be able to create a number of targets. These might be just single framed portions of the sky. But I want to be able to create these at my leisure and then when I’m out imaging, then I can decide at the last minute what to image and create a sequence depending upon conditions etc. It would be great if framed targets (single frames or mosaics) could be saved separately to sequences. But maybe that’s going off topic! :slight_smile:

There’s a way to manage your images already associated with a target / sequence, you can add and delete them quite easily.

I’m not at in front of SGP, so this may be slightly off: Menu, Sequence, Manage Sequence Files.

Let me know if you find it, otherwise I’ll fire up the laptop and look for you.

Cheers
Ian

1 Like

Hi Ian,

Many thanks for that!

Yes, you are correct of course “Menu, Sequence, Manage Sequence Files”. This looks like it will cure all my problems.

Note to self…RTFM. :slight_smile:

Cheers
Simon

That works, thanks

You’re welcome guys, I had the same problems as you, now I use it to add a colour photo with the same approx framing to a planned sequence so I have a better idea of what the finished image will look like.