ZWO Camera download plate solve pic issue

I seem to have everything working (slew to target, auto focus) and plate solve works through the last step, but seems to hang. At the bottom of the screen I see a message that is something like “waiting for plate solve image to download”. I recall there was/is an issue with ZWO talking to SGP. Last week I ensured I have the latest ASCOM drivers installed and also installed the latest ZWO drivers so they are all up to date.
My setup is a ZWO 120MM guide camera and ZWO EFW plugged into the back of a ZWO183MM. The ZWO183MM is plugged into the PC, the mount is plugged directly into the PC, and my Moonlite is plugged directly into the PC. That is all of the current equipment configuration.

I’m hoping the logs will help ID the issue.

Aprox time of issue: 7 and 8 April 2020

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: 3.1.0.457
.NET: 4.8

Often these kinds of issues are USB related. Have you tried using a different USB cable? Not all USB cables are created equal. I would first try to use another USB 3.0 cable, and if that doesn’t work try a USB 2.0 cable. Yes, USB 2.0. I was having issues with my QHY163M and QHY183M until I started using a USB 2.0 cable. Downloads were only slightly slower (5s vs 3s) but it was much more stable.

I discovered recently that some people have said the USB3.0 ribbon cables that ZWO suppplies aren’t the greatest.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will look at them and switch if I have some alternatives. The cables I am using are almost new and from ZWO, and I do not have any connection issues with either camera when using other programs (eg Sharpcap), and SGP does recognize them and captures pictures successfully when going through the autofocus routine.

That log you posted shows that SGPro lost connection to ALL devices, not just the camera. I’m guessing that a USB hub is involved here. If that’s true, please ensure that it is powered and the power to it is in spec and that all your cables are well seated. Additionally, it is getting a bit warmer in the north, but sometimes cold weather can cause USB hubs to act nuts.

Thanks Ken. I’ll double check everything. Curious that the auto-focus works but it stops at the end of plate solve, but will give it another go tonight.

HI,
I have a ASI 183MM and had image download problems. Went to a USB2 cable and now no problems.
Regards.

My observation does not preclude other problems… a complete loss of connectivity was the first thing that caught my eye.