ZWOptical unhandled exception Bias frames

I thought I posted this yesterday but haven’t seen it so this could be a duplicate. While doing bias frames I ran into this error a lot. Looks like a timing or setting issue from ZWO but thought you might want to handle the error.

Application: Sequence Generator.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: ZWOptical.ASISDK.ASICameraException at i8.a(ASI_ERROR_CODE, System.Reflection.MethodBase, System.Object) at i8.a(Int32, System.Drawing.Size, Int32, b) at jb.a(jc) at r3.ie(pk, rj ByRef) at q0.d3()…

Log…
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-NfngxtkT3caakKEyASEVfL9xar3uOd6

Ok, Thx. Sometimes these errors are difficult to trap and handle properly because hardware communication often involves executing code outside the safety of the .NET framework. We’ll see if we can though.

As a note, we likely won’t remove support for native ZWO drivers in the near future, but we are pushing ASI users toward the ASCOM driver… It is way more likely to be maintained and include frequent changes that improve overall stability.

1 Like

Ken, After reporting this error I noticed that some images from the camera bin2 were sized at 2072x1410 and some at 2072x1411. The camera specs say bin1 is 4144x2822. Maybe a floating point issue. I don’t know enough about the driver to say if this could have been the cause or it’s a new problem from SGP or the camera ascom driver?

It seems like you are not using the ASCOM driver at all. If you switch to it, this issue will likely disappear.

I did switch to the ASI Camera 1, but will continue to monitor it as I have hundreds of images in my libraries and not sure if some possibly came using the old driver. Also will post on ZWO just to see if there is a known issue. Thanks!