Canon 6D Mirror Settle does not work (2.4.2.9)

Hi,

Mirror settle is not working with 2.4.2.9 with Canon 6D. I have turned on the Mirror Lockup on-camera and set it t Bulb Mode. SGPro raises the mirror and waits for the mirror to settle correctly, but then instead of taking the requested exposure, it just opens and closes the shutter immediately. If I turn the Mirror Settle off then all works as expected.

2.4.1.0 exhibits the same behaviour.

I really cannot use it without the mirror settle feature working correctly.

Regards,
Alex

What is your mirror settle set to in the SGPro Canon settings dialog?

I tried different settings - 3 and 5 seconds and the problem is the same

Hi Alex, Ken
Tried this with my Canon 6D and it responds in the same way too.
Cheers Bob

We do not have a 6D for testing so I do not know if this will help… but, while SGPro is closed, please download this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24325878/CanonEDK.zip

and replace them into the SGPro install directory (save the old DLL files). If this does not work, it would seem as though the 6D needs a different workflow to use mirror lock (different from other DIGIC cameras anyhow…).

I tried the new DLLs and the result is still the same. BackyardEOS works correctly with the 6D. I am happy to to test and/or help to debug the issue.

Cheers,
Alex

Thanks… just needed to narrow it down. We are obviously not sending the 6D the commands it wants and we’ll need to take a look.

Also, there is another thread with a 6D user claiming live view is busted with the 6D. Can you guys confirm this?

1 Like

Yes, Live View does not work here too. When I select Live View in the Frame and Focus, then click Start button, the mirror goes up, then the Downloading progress bar goes to 100% and it gets stuck there.

Hi Ken,
Well I am getting some inconsistent results.
At first I was seeing the same as Alex.
Then for some reason I found that if I did a fresh start, selected live view and jpg download before connecting the canon on connection I would get live view on the camera. Press start and I had live view on camera and repeated downloads as I would expect. When I stopped frame and focus live view stopped. If I tried to start frame and focus again there was no live view and seemed to freeze on download.
Closing SGP and restarting as above and all worked OK.
However now it has reverted back to the situation Alex originally described freezing on download and I cannot get it to work again.
Cheers,
Bob.

Just to add a little more to the last report.
It appears that if I attempt to run frame and focus live view it raises the mirror but stalls at downloading. If I then close SGP but do not touch the camera and restart SGP it then seems to work in Live View OK until I stop and try to run Live View again. I seem to be able to repeat this most of the time.
Cheers,
Bob.

Thanks for all the feedback here. Unfortunately, I think the issues that present these problems are complex enough that we cannot resolve them without an actual 6D. We will work on that part and report back.

Thanks Ken, shame you are so far away you could use mine.

Hi There

Any news about this issue? I have experimented the same problem. I’m working with 2.4.2.11 and a Canon 6D.

Thanks in advance

Enrique

We do not have a 6D for testing… we will work on this. We did update the Canon SDK in the 2.4.3.10 Beta to the latest version. It may be worth trying to see if it makes any difference.

Hi Ken

Thanks for your answer. I’ve tried but with no results. I’m running SGP beta 2.4.3.10, win7pro, .NET 4.5 with a 6DT modified by Hutech.

Hi Guys,

Mirror lock up does not work with my 60D either as per alexch initial note. Everything else is great. I am running version 2.4.2.11.

Anything I should check.

Regards

Scott

Possibly the latest beta. It uses the latest EDSDK.

Hello alexch, hello 6D users,
merry chrismas!

I have the same issue with my 6D as you mentioned. No working image capturing, no live view in SGP, mirror lookup setting does not change this behavour. Is there a final solution?

My Canon 600D work with SGP without any problems and both cameras (6D and 600D) work with APT Tool on the same computer.

Should I provide a log?

Thomas

No log is required. We have taken the first step (actually purchasing one). Hopefully we will be able to provide a fix for 6D issues in the near future.

1 Like

Oops. Sorry I cannot borrow mine, I live in germany.
Good luck.