Problem with Local Astrometry


#1

This one’s probably for Andy…
Tonight for some reason my local astrometry solves fail immediately. Below is the ansvr log screenshot showing the error. I had just updated SGP to 2.4.3.12 so I reverted back to the version I was using before successfully, 2.4.3.10 Same problem. I changed the endpoint to the online astrometry.net and the solves were successful.

I can’t think of anything that changed between my last successful run last week and tonight. Any thoughts?


#2

Hi Joel,

That appears to be the same problem we saw once before that turned out to be caused by AVG antivirus. You can confirm this by temporarily disabling AVG and/or adding an exception for perl.exe.

Andy


#3

I actually thought of that and temporarily disabled AVG, but the problem
persisted. AVG did update today so I’m reasonably certain AVG is the
culprit. However I just went in and added the exception for perl.exe and
that didn’t have any effect. I’m in the middle of an imaging run and I
couldn’t restart my computer before testing it, if that makes any
difference…


#4

Good news, after a computer restart (and having added the exception to AVG), the solves are now successful.


www.mainsequencesoftware.com