SGP 2.5.2.8 beta

this has been an active thread while I was sleeping. OK, so you didn’t ask for opinions but neither do I when my wife ventures one :slight_smile:
As you both know I’m a huge fan of SGP - and apart from the fact you have just dated the book I’m writing by changing the appearance, I was in the Emperor’s new clothes mode too, with your best interests at heart.
How many icons are needed in total? - I have created icons in the past and may be able to tweak the appearance in a few cases to help out.

1 Like

Just ignore me… I was irritable last night and it had nothing to do with SGPro.

Right now I think we’re good unless you did just want to tweak icons from the existing set then I can send you source images. To answer your question though, SGPro uses over 100 icons / images in total.

Ken - no problem and no need to apologize. I had set up a dark field vacation with a portable setup that I had been honing over months. My EOS 60Da died the day before I departed and I’m now staring up at clear dark skies with nothing to image…

If over the xmas holidays I take a look at the existing ones and suggest a handful that may benefit from a little editing. For instance, there are a few based on circles that are quite similar. If you send those across I’ll give it my best shot in the new year?

Sure thing… just let me know which ones and what you are thinking…

I like the new look

In your other post “Arguments around “This color is ugly” are silly and baseless.”

Strictly IMO, I think that was a poor statement, dismissive of user concerns and not true at all.

Colour is very relevant to perception and interaction in our world. It can and has been a make or break deal. While it may indeed be a personal preference, the new orange colour scheme, I find for my eyes, more difficult to view, discern and interact with the program now. Details that were visually clear before the change, are not anymore.

It’s unfortunate you did not give users a choice between sticking with the original colour scheme (with new icons perhaps which was totally possible) or using the new orange and black version if they wanted to.

Even more unfortunate is a lack of correction or option for the problem. Basically if you don’t like it, you know what you can do is the read between the lines I got out of it.

I love SGP. Its really good. And I have used TSX, Focusmax and CCDC, and I think SGP is far superior really. All in one solution which I appreciate. I just can’t help wonder, if focusing on the features and functionality is more important, why take a side trip from that to mess with what was a perfectly good colour scheme.

Anyhow, that’s all I’m going to say. That’s just my two cents.